|In this chapter you will learn :
- About the role, a form plays on a web page.
- How to add interactivity on a web page with events
- Placing text in a web browser.
It is necessary to capture user input and process this input, when creating an interactive web site for the Internet. Based on the processing results, appropriate information from a website can be obtained to be viewed. Both the capturing of user input and the furnishing of appropriate web pages takes place in the client side, browser's window.
- Display dialog boxes (alert, prompt & confirm) when a user moves the mouse over a link, or clicks the link.
- Validate the data that a user enters in a form.
- Load and display an animation sequence when a user clicks moves the mouse over a link, or clicks the link.
||Image loading is aborted as a result of user action.
||A document, window, frame set, form element or drop down selection loses the current input focus.
||A text field, text area or drop down selection is modified and loses the current input focus.
||A link, client-side image map area, document or button is clicked.
||A link, client-side image map area or document or button is double-clicked.
||A dragged object is dropped in a window or frame.
||An error occurs while loading an image, window, frame or document.
||A document, window, frame set, form element or drop down selection receives the current input focus.
||A key is pressed.
||A key is pressed and released by the user.
||A key is released.
||An image, document or frame set is loaded and displayed.
||A mouse button is pressed.
||The mouse is moved..
||The mouse is moved out of a link or away from an area of a client - side image map.
||The mouse is moved over a link or an area of a client - side image map.
||The mouse button is released.
||A form is reset.
||The user resizes a window or frame.
||Text is selected within a text field or a text area.
||A form is submitted.
||The user exits a document or frame set.